Blackcaps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackcaps

Sorry to post this here. I cannot find a suitable forum here that covers my question.

Is it possible that Blackcaps can nest in boxes. A friend of my neighbour has said she's seen blackcaps coming and going to my sparrow terrace but io feel she may be mistaken.

All my books say 'small cup of grass'.

Thanks

Moorve
    Steve Moore-Vale Nature Photography
    www.greatellingham.org.uk

Are they perhaps Great Tits??

Comment

I agree. I thought it best to ask re blackcaps using nest boxes just in case but i feel you may be right.

Although i can id a great tit from a huge distance away, she obviously cant.

Thanks

Comment

Or maybe the friend knows enough to realise female Blackcaps have brown heads, and it is Tree Sparrows? Or even male House Sparrows??

Comment

Blackcap

" Blackcap" is a local name sometimes applied to Great Tit and possibly to other tit sp. I have heard it used by a number of older people in Yorkshire.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelF View Post
            Or maybe the friend knows enough to realise female Blackcaps have brown heads, and it is Tree Sparrows? Or even male House Sparrows??
            Tree Sparrows could indeed be a possibility (as could male house sparrow).

I will keep a very close eye on the box over the weekend and may fit a camera trap to see if i can get a positive ID

Comment

Working...
            X