Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flycatcher sp (Burma)

Hi!

Here's a very poor photo of a mystery flycatcher i got a week ago in W Myanmar. I think it's from Ficedula family (Snowy-browed? Little Pied?) but i can't find any suitable match. Especially the white tips to tertials/secondaries are confusing. Does somebody has an idea what it could be?

Altitude approx 1500 m, habitat evergreen forest.

cheers,
    Uq
    Attached Files

Flycatcher sp

A hint of colour on the tail base? Range is against it maybe but what about female Narcissus?

Andy

Comment

Hi,
      if this picture was taken in Mt. Victoria, I remember that i had a lot of problems with flycatchers id there..:-)
      For me, the flycatcher on your picture is a snowy-browed or a little pied, but little pied fit even better for me: small size, "rounded" head, short tail and rufescent upper tail coverts. The problem with the identification guides of this region is that not every plumage variations are shown (most of all the 1st winter plumage). So I think it could be a first winter female of little pied flycatcher.

cheers,

Aristide

Comment

Yes i think it's one of those two and we saw both Little Pied and Snowy-browed males in the area. The only thing that confused me was the white fringing in wing feathers.

Thanx!

Comment

Working...
        X