Clear All

• How many raptors have you seen?

Tell me how many you have seen!

I've seen 7 in Britain,you?

Comment

Raptors

If seen 4!

Comment

I've seen approximately 500,000 in S Portugal and even more in Tarifa , S Spain.

Comment

Are we talking in a single day or in total ? - In the UK 8 in one day and 18 in total. In Bularia earlier this month - 11 in one single location and 19 in total. Still chasing an elusive Pallid Harrier.

Mick
          From Leeds.

Comment

Highest numbers one day would be 50,000 or so Broadwinged Hawks, Turkey Vultures and others in Veracruz, Mexico.
            Highest species total one day, probably Veracruz as well with 11-12 species.
            My blog about living and birding in Costa Rica: http://birdingcraft.com/wordpress and birding app website.

Comment

Ive seen 19 species of raptor in total in this country (plus black eared kite, which isnt its own species?)

Andy

Comment

15 in Northumbs, 3 more in the rest of Britain, 12 more in the rest of the Western Palearctic, and another 16-17 in North America (depending on whether Northern Harrier is a separate species from Hen Harrier, or not).

Comment

Hi Rafi et al,

I'm not really into listing but my most productive day so far was a few years ago now in Eastern Mexico in the fall where I observed over 10,000 birds of prey comprising 23 different species (excluding owls) in one day. I don't have my notebook to hand to publish the list just now but I can vividly recall the highlight - prolonged close-range views of a superb juvenile Aplomado Falcon.

RaptorBirder

'Raptors - sentinels for our future on planet Earth'.

Comment

16 species of Raptor in the UK still waiting to see R.F. Falcon in the U.K. a real bogey bird for me.In Europe 12 more species - hoping one day to see birds such as Gyr Falcon, Sooty Falcon and eagle species such as Tawny and Verreaux's!

Comment

how many raptors have you seen.

Hi all, just to say i've seen 19 uk, 33 wp and many thousands on several trips to Israel. If you've never been to Israel i can't recomend it enough. Its worth it just for the raptors let alone the dessert birds,the migration and the possabilities of something rare or unusual turning up. ampelinus.

Comment

I've seen 8 species of Raptor in the UK! All of them seen at least once without leaving the house.Latest 2 were Red Kite and Marsh Harrier last year.

Comment

All of these seen in Derbyshire, with the exception of rough legged buzzard, that was Isles of scilly a few years back.

1.buzzard
                          2.honey buzzard
                          3.rough legged buzzard
                          4.osprey
                          5.hen harrier
                          6.marsh harrier
                          7.kestrel
                          8.perigrine
                          9.sparrowhawk
                          10.goshawk
                          11.merlin
                          12.hobby
                          13.red kite
                          14.little owl
                          15.Short eared owl
                          16.long eared owl
                          17.tawny owl
                          18.barn owl
                          sigpic

Comment

... and here's me thinking 'Tickers' were an extinct species!
                            My Google Map Location
                            Raptors in Ireland & the UK
                            North Antrim Dog / Bird Walk

Comment

I have seen about 12 kestrels+one that I held.
                              I have seen a collared sparrowhawk
                              a tawny frogmouth, about a million wedge tailed eagles, a boobook owl that I held, a tyto alba and a black breasted buzzard and a hobby.

Comment

Working...
                              X