Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ads Art

Hey all,

Thought it's about time I posted some of my work on the forum. I have attached several of my most recent plates from the forthcoming fieldguide to the 'Birds of Melanesia' and some older ones from the Helm monograph 'Stonechats'. Hope you enjoy!

Melanesia plate 42 (Large).jpgMelanesia plate 43 (Large).jpgMelanesia plate 60 (Large).jpgEastern Stonechats plate 6 (Large).jpgPied Bushchats plate 10 (Large).jpg

Ads
    www.adambowleyart.com

And some bigger pieces. The Paradise-Fly will be on show at the SWLA exhibition in the Mall Galleries soon....

African Paradise-Fly (Large).jpgAnkole Attendants (Large).jpgNicobar Pigeons (Large).jpg

I tried something a little different with the flycatcher.....trying to create a 'refined' sketchbook page. I hope people will like it as I'd like to do a series of various species. Dusky Broadbill next methinks!!

Cheers
    Ads
    www.adambowleyart.com

Comment

Beautiful work Adam - keep it coming.

Regards,

Colin

*P.S. The link to your website does not work for me?
      Last edited by Colin Key; August 25th, 2010, 08:49 PM. Reason: Afterthought

Comment

Superb plates there, very impressive. Link doesnt work for me either, it just appears text and not clickable.
        sigpic

Comment

Doh!! Thanks for the heads-up guys (and the compliments!), link working now
          www.adambowleyart.com

Comment

Really nice work Adam. Your bigger pieces are really great esp. the pigeons and the flycatcher. Took a look through your galleries. Love that Wallcreeper and Accentor!
            My Surfbirds Photo Albums

Comment

Cheers Andy!
              www.adambowleyart.com

Comment

Managed to get down and see this lovely bird last Saturday in dismal drizzly conditions - but still my 1st UK Daurian for 17yrs...! Didn't really move around much except for its' head which was a pity....

Daurian Shrike (1) (Large).jpgDaurian Shrike (Large).jpg
                www.adambowleyart.com

Comment

Originally posted by birdboybowley View Post
                  Managed to get down and see this lovely bird last Saturday in dismal drizzly conditions - but still my 1st UK Daurian for 17yrs...! Didn't really move around much except for its' head which was a pity....

[ATTACH]3318[/ATTACH][ATTACH]3319[/ATTACH]
                  Absolutely beautiful Adam - what a talent.

Colin

Comment

Thanks Colin
                    www.adambowleyart.com

Comment

Yes, really nice Adam. Keep please them coming.

Comment

Hi Ads,

Wow, love your stuff. I really like the Paradise Fly & think it works very well. Look forward to more of the same style it's a good idea. Makes me want to pick up the brushes again myself.

Neil.

Comment

Cheers guys! Glad you liked the style Neil - there's more on the way!
                          www.adambowleyart.com

Comment

Blimey...it has been a long time....!! Have just finished several illustrations for the forthcoming Birds of Central Asia - most of the book's illustrations are taken straight from the recent Birds of East Asia and I've been asked to do the missing species. I guess this is the way newer fieldguides will be done nowadays (money/time and all that)...

Birds of Central Asia Ring Ouzel ssp amicorum.jpgBirds of Central Asia Chestnut & Tickell's Thrushes.jpgBirds of Central Asia Blue-capped Rock-Thrush.jpg
                            www.adambowleyart.com

Comment

nice work as always Adam!

Comment

Working...
                              X