X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #birding mega Common Yellowthroat Rhiwderin Gwent

Rarevine is a free rare bird info twitter feed

Regional Bird News, Photos and Blogs

Site info and some mouth watering photos are on Gwent birding now...
    http://gwentbirding.blogspot.com/201...oat-gwent.html
    Robert
    Latest BOU lifer: Common Yellowthroat, Rhiwderin, Gwent.

Comment

Any back up gen on this bird available? Is it newly located or has it been around for a while? Is it easy to see or elusive in vegetation? Is it covering a large area?

Comment

Bugger me looks like I'm going home Mam and Nain will be pleased.Crack on boys nice one !!!!!!

Comment

More photos here
          http://www.weekendbirder.blogspot.com/2012/02/mega.html

Still present this morning. Curious if this is a well-watched local patch and so this bird just moving through/recently displaced or is there a chance that this area not watched regularly and it's been wintering?

Smart bird and congrats to Gwent birders.
          Last edited by Bobolink44; February 17th, 2012, 08:55 AM.

Comment

A chance find by a dogwalking birdwatcher is what it was and full marks to the guy for having the nouse, competence and ability to photograph it and report it. Contrary to what I had previously been told, the bird was first found on Tuesday (and not Friday) and was identified yesterday by 4 or 5 local birders. I visited today and was incredibly impressed with Darryl and others' organisation - it was top grade. The bird performed very well - eventually - after first coming out of roost at 0825. I have added a map on my national and Rare Birds in Britain websites to where the bird is frequenting. It is a superb bird and well worth seeing, despite the 6.00 entry charge into Wales !

Comment

this scene doesn't look too nutty

Comment

Info for Sunday 19th

Apologies all,
                I should have been posting directions, etc. on here as well as other channels.

We have had to change parking and access due to the poor weather experienced today. Updated information including a map is now available at www.gwentbirding.blogspot.com

Glad you liked the 'service' Lee A whole band are helping including Richard Clarke, Chris Jones, Matt Meehan, Tom Chinnick, and the finder Matt Broome (who deserves the top credit). Hope I haven't forgotten anyone. Some new volunteers on hand tomorrow too.

Darryl 'push the car' Spittle

Comment

For anyone twitching the Yellowthroat this week, updated directions and parking information, and some hopefully helpful pointers on where the bird has been seen are now on my blog at http://www.gwentbirding.blogspot.com

Cheers,
                  Darryl

Comment

Originally posted by LeeEvans View Post
                    A chance find by a dogwalking birdwatcher is what it was and full marks to the guy for having the nouse, competence and ability to photograph it and report it. Contrary to what I had previously been told, the bird was first found on Tuesday (and not Friday) and was identified yesterday by 4 or 5 local birders. I visited today and was incredibly impressed with Darryl and others' organisation - it was top grade. The bird performed very well - eventually - after first coming out of roost at 0825. I have added a map on my national and Rare Birds in Britain websites to where the bird is frequenting. It is a superb bird and well worth seeing, despite the 6.00 entry charge into Wales !
                    Quite agree with the statement above, we visited on Sat and the event was well organised and friendly and the lad on the gate with the high vis vest never moved, even in the pouring rain

Cant believe they charge anybody with the name Evans to get into Wales

Comment

Working...
                    X