Binocular Hall of Fame

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Binocular Hall of Fame

I understand which binoculars are best is a matter of personal preference. In my opinion the highest quality binocular ever made is the Zeiss 8x42 T* FL with LotuTech. Brightness in low light, color quality, ease of focus, weight, durability, feel in hand, this binocular is the best bins money can buy if money is no object. It retails for about $2400.

If you are on a budget, you can get amazing bins for under $250. Try the Nikon 8x42 Monarch ATB. In my opinion, for the money, the best binoculars for the money. Light weight, great feel, and optics better than most bins double the price. In my opinion the best value in bins of all time.

What are your favorite binoculars? Lets make a list of the best quality binoculars money can buy, and a list of great binocular values for under $500.

Originally posted by HarpyEagleWatcher View Post

What are your favorite binoculars? Lets make a list of the best quality binoculars money can buy, and a list of great binocular values for under $500.
    Why? This subject has been "done to death" on several forums.

Colin

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Key View Post
      Why? This subject has been "done to death" on several forums.

Colin
      Not really - they always go for best quality regardless of price, and end up recommending bins that are way beyond the means of many.

Some advice and discussion on 'best buys' in the under 100 ( or or $, all about the same!) range, 100-200 range, 200-300 range, etc., would be very useful.

Comment

Originally posted by HarpyEagleWatcher View Post
        Lets make a list of the best quality binoculars money can buy, and a list of great binocular values for under $500.
        Sorry, but I still not see the purpose of this .

Colin

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelF View Post
          Not really - they always go for best quality regardless of price, and end up recommending bins that are way beyond the means of many.

Some advice and discussion on 'best buys' in the under 100 ( or or $, all about the same!) range, 100-200 range, 200-300 range, etc., would be very useful.
          I would seriously consider these if you're on a budget (and even if you aren't). Given the scandalous price of optics these days, they have to be an amazing bargain. Does anyone on here use them?

http://www.surfbirds.com/forum/showp...51&postcount=1

F.
          OBC John Peel Awesomeness
          The little things they make me so happy, all I want to do is live by the sea...

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelF View Post
            Michael, if you delve into the BF section on "bins" you will find every possible opinion on every make and model of binoculars in the world - there really is nothing more that can be said.

Colin

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Key View Post
              Michael, if you delve into the BF section on "bins" you will find every possible opinion on every make and model of binoculars in the world - there really is nothing more that can be said.

Colin
              Yeah, but I don't generally delve into BF (or BS)

Comment

Nice Recommendation

I'm going to look at the Hawke Frontier 8 x 36 as a backup pair of binoculars to leave in my car. You can easily purchase a pair for under $300 these days if you shop around. These seem to be a great buy for the money. The size up from an 8 x 32 and a size down from an 8 x 42 intrigues me.

Comment

Hawke ed bins

Hi I have the Hawke ed 8 x 43 bins one word SUPERB

Comment

If only we could buy the Zen-Ray 7 x 36 in GB i had a look through a pair of these at minsmere in the summer. Cracking view very sharp and clear.

Comment

The Ross Stepruva 9x35. I just got one for $37NZ, thats less than 20 pounds UK! I had no idea that 60 year old binoculars could be so good. Mine are well used and they need a good clean and service but are still a real gem.

Comment

I have Levenhuk Sherman 7x50 Binoculars. Cool with them

Comment

Hello guys, I found a nice and affordable pair of bins called the Falcon 7 x 35 binoculars from Bushnell.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Bushnell-falcon-topview-binocular.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	75271
                          I hope this gives you guys a good affordable option.
                          The web's best site for everything birding and bird watching

Comment

Working...
                          X