Not a review, but a Torch question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a review, but a Torch question

Does anyone know of anywhere I can get a torch that will take a red filter?
    sigpic

Yes, the "Red Light" district in Amsterdam!!!

Colin

Comment

BOGOF no doubt...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by michael23 View Post
        BOGOF no doubt...
        Isn't that the capital of Colombia, S.A.?

Colin
        Last edited by Colin Key; August 18th, 2009, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Naaah, that's Buy One, Get One Taken Away

PS methinks you mean Colombia

Comment

For the original question, go to a bicycle shop (or car accessories) and ask for a rear lamp.

Comment

For future 'Torch' queries visit here http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/portal/index.php
              Yes! A torch Forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Phil.J View Post
                For future 'Torch' queries visit here http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/portal/index.php
                Yes! A torch Forum!
                Oh My God, and I always thought that we birders were a sad bunch!!!

Colin

Comment

Michael, do you want a torch that you can add a red filter to (i.e. a normal white light torch) or one like the sort amateur astronomers use?

I do a lot of amateur astronomy and use a red torch (helps preserve dark adaptation in order to see faint objects better). Telescope House sell red torches, such as this one that you may find suitable.
                  Birding website Birding blog Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Vectis Birder View Post
                    Michael, do you want a torch that you can add a red filter to (i.e. a normal white light torch) or one like the sort amateur astronomers use?

I do a lot of amateur astronomy and use a red torch (helps preserve dark adaptation in order to see faint objects better). Telescope House sell red torches, such as this one that you may find suitable.
                    Hi, i would like a torch either with a permanent red light which gives a decent beam or a normal torch which will accept a filter, instead of using red christmas pudding wrappers taped over it,
                    I willbe using it for badger watching, and i should really dig out my meade lxd55sthc and get some astronomy done. The torch you linked to, how does the beam fair? Certainly looks handy.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by michael23 View Post
                      Hi, i would like a torch either with a permanent red light which gives a decent beam or a normal torch which will accept a filter, instead of using red christmas pudding wrappers taped over it,
                      I willbe using it for badger watching, and i should really dig out my meade lxd55sthc and get some astronomy done. The torch you linked to, how does the beam fair? Certainly looks handy.
                      The beam is not a very strong one, as it's intended for astronomy use - you don't want to lose your night vision. However, once you're dark adapted you'll find it quite useful.

And...torch forums?? That's what I love about the net, there's so much esoteric and strange stuff out there. There is an interest or a group for just about everything.
                      Birding website Birding blog Photos

Comment

Working...
                      X