A computer/IT section?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A computer/IT section?

Just wondering whether a separate section on (birding related) computer applications might be useful, having seen some recent threads and posts on iPhone, iTouch, etc.

My main computer is a 20" iMac which I have used alongside a top-of-the-range Sony Vaio laptop for six years. The Sony has finally given up and I have just replaced it with a 15" MacBook Pro with i5 processor - what a beautiful machine .

I will never go back to Microsoft but I find that there is a dearth of birding applications for Macs. On my Vaio I had that DREADFUL "Wildlife Lister" application (surely one of the worst pieces of software ever devised) for collating my records and photos but cannot find anything similar designed for the Mac OS X platform - anyone out there know of anything useful? I need to construct country, region and specific site lists, preferably with the facility to attach photos.

Colin

I'm using Wings (see here). Not my dream software but ok. You can create lists and add photos. It's 25$ per year.

André
    Last edited by wintibird; August 11th, 2010, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wintibird View Post
      I'm using Wings (see here). Not my dream software but ok.

André
      Thanks André,

I will take a look at that.

Colin

Comment

Bird Journal

I am looking into changing from the Wildlife lister software. Don't know if it will fit your requirements but 'Bird Journal' is worth a look and nothing seems too much trouble for the team who run the company. (see link below)

http://www.bluebirdtechnology.com/Bi...FUtA4QodpH-fzg
        sigpic
        Regards.
        Del.

Comment

Working...
        X