Albums Down for Maintenance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albums Down for Maintenance

Whilst we upgrade to a newer version of software.
    ________
    Toyota USA Automobile Museum specifications

Done and should be up and running now. Please post here if you have any issues. Thanks
    ________
    Ford SHO V6 engine picture

Comment

The four pics at the top of the main page now seem to be random, and often quite old . . . until a couple of days ago, they were the four most recently added pics, which meant one could see what was being added. Now, one can't.

Can it be put back to the four most recent, please?

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelF View Post
        The four pics at the top of the main page now seem to be random, and often quite old . . . until a couple of days ago, they were the four most recently added pics, which meant one could see what was being added. Now, one can't.

Can it be put back to the four most recent, please?

Agree with Michael.

Colin

Comment

Another problem, quite often some of the row of four photos don't show. See printscreen below, made just now.
          Attached Files

Comment

So far they've always showed for me, but they only show the top 4 albums with the most views and comments.
            Doesn't bother me, just thought, I mention it
            Birding Albums
            Birding gallery
            Nature Blog

Comment

I agree with Colin and Michael, i preferred it when you saw a preview of the latest photo's to be added to the gallery's.

James

Comment

I think that the current situation (random photos shown in the "header") is a disincentive to post new photos - it certainly is for me.

Surely more preferable to show recently added photos? I might also suggest invoking a new rule which restricts the number of photos a member can upload to, say, two images in a 24 hr period (Naturescapes.Net are very strict on this in order to prevent "prolific shooters" swamping the galleries). I myself am probably guilty of posting more than this on occasions, but there have been some posters who have uploaded much larger numbers of images in one go - if there was a restriction it would make one more selective about what was uploaded.

Colin

Comment

Doesn't seem as though anyone is listening to this - I will not be posting images again until we go back to the original format:

Colin

Comment

I didn't know that there's / should be a restriction on uploads.

Sorry if I crossed a border there.
                    Birding Albums
                    Birding gallery
                    Nature Blog

Comment

We'll put it back to latest photos across the forum homepage. When the forum software got upgraded, that feature got reset to random photos. Nicole, there are no restrictions on uploads but the latest 4 photos will appear across the forum homepage so, generally it's nice to let everyone get their photos to show up there so maybe we'll also limit to just a couple of photos a day too.
                      ________
                      buy vaporizer

Comment

Well, with my fairly slow connection and me tagging and naming the things I upload, anyone should get a fair chance to get pics in anyway.
                        And maybe Colin didn't mean me, I don't know.
                        Birding Albums
                        Birding gallery
                        Nature Blog

Comment

One more thing, it might have been mentioned already:

The recent photos don't show the real recent uploads. They just show a variety of recent(or not really so recent any more) pics.
                          Birding Albums
                          Birding gallery
                          Nature Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Key View Post
                            I think that the current situation (random photos shown in the "header") is a disincentive to post new photos - it certainly is for me.

Surely more preferable to show recently added photos? I might also suggest invoking a new rule which restricts the number of photos a member can upload to, say, two images in a 24 hr period (Naturescapes.Net are very strict on this in order to prevent "prolific shooters" swamping the galleries). I myself am probably guilty of posting more than this on occasions, but there have been some posters who have uploaded much larger numbers of images in one go - if there was a restriction it would make one more selective about what was uploaded.

Colin
                            This is something I never really thought about before and you have made me feel very guilty about uploading far too many images in a short period. You're right and it won't happen again.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NicoleB View Post
                              One more thing, it might have been mentioned already:

The recent photos don't show the real recent uploads. They just show a variety of recent(or not really so recent any more) pics.
                              Nicole,

It has been mentioned already; MichaelF originally pointed out that after the new gallery software was installed the "header" was just a random selection of photos from the galleries rather than the most recent uploads, and that this was not a good idea - I and exeter_UK agreed with this.

I do not think that there is any incentive now to post new images if they are just "going into the bag" and waiting to pulled out at random.

Colin

Comment

Working...
                              X