Tory Island Bird Report 2011

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tory Island Bird Report 2011

For anyone home or abroad who might be interested, I have compiled a bird report for Tory Island, County Donegal, Ireland for 2011. Is slim.....

Please find attached
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Peter Martin Phillips View Post
    For anyone home or abroad who might be interested, I have compiled a bird report for Tory Island, County Donegal, Ireland for 2011. Is slim.....

Please find attached
    Gee... that takes me back!! To... erm... 1959?? Went with Garth Pettit when it was an observatory for a while. We had (what I remember as) Ireland's first Arctic Warbler, a Barred Warbler and other stuff.

We stayed in a room in the lighthouse buildings, and actually got to climb the tower, and even up onto the (hot!) metal dome at the very top, at night! You had to climb a ladder on the outside of the tower, so you were hanging out over the edge. Imagine that now with H&S...! Great days. I was 14.

Glad to hear birders are still getting there! Nice to read of your finds, and good pics.

Jeremy Roberts

Comment

Glad to hear you story and that the report brought back some nice memories. Arctic Warbler would be nice next year......You dont have any of the old tory bird reports by any chance?

Comment

Working...
      X