Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help with WordPress

So I have been working with the Word Press for awhile now, and I have several things that have been difficult to deal with. First posting pictures can be a real problem, especially if I post several in a row. Things will look good on the workspace, but as soon as I save my work, only the first picture will be there, with the titles of the following pictures being put on the same title line of the first picture. So now I will post a . or write something to seperate the pictures to get around it and maybe I will go back and delete the text later and possibly have it stick or maybe not. Just slows down the job and frustrates.
    I am not able to post my slide shows. I have tried all four options with photobucket, but no such luck.
    I am still having issues with video not posting. I am not sure why it works sometimes and others it just deletes the whole code put in.

I will continue to try, but to be honest with you, it is inconsistent at best. I guess I can try to do what I did when I used the other program and write it up and copy and paste on another program but that seems wrong to me.

Also, getting logged off while typing on post on this forum seems wrong too! Fortunately, I copied and pasted my post before having to log in.
    Thanks for your help,

Dave

DDolan New Birder

So I am trying to post a video and have tried to post via the HTML as described before and the best I can get is a shortcut to the YouTube site. Most of the time WordPress just deletes my code. Very Frustrating!

I have tried pasting this: <iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Aj_t4N_nfJE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have tried clicking on the Upload/Insert add Video button using the save code and got this: http://www.surfbirds.com/community-b...2/04/03/test5/

Most of the time everything is just deleted though.
    Thanks for your help,

Dave

DDolan New Birder

Hi Dave, I just posted your youtube video using the method described.

It's here:
    http://www.surfbirds.com/community-b...bird-in-texas/

After clicking "share" and then "embed" on youtube, I took the same code you got: <iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Aj_t4N_nfJE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I then clicked the "html" tab in the edit post mode and pasted it in to the post and saved it.

What browser are you using again?

I am using Internet Explorer 8 at work. Not sure about my laptop at home. Thank you for doing that, I am not sure what the deal is because I am having the same problem with 2 different computers. If I need to use a different browser, I will try that. I was able to post it on my other blog that I am a guest writer for. It uses Word Press also, but has different buttons. I guess there are differences between programs, or there are different levels. Obviously, I have an issue and I am not seeing anybody else complain about it, so what are the browsers that are used over there?
    Thanks for your help,

Dave

DDolan New Birder

I tried to copy and paste to the original post using firefox and had the same problem. Basically, I pasted what you had put into the new post under the html tab and then updated and the program deleted the pasted code. It also did not post on the original post but on a more recent post.
    Last edited by DDolan1075; April 5th, 2012 at 04:54 PM.
    Thanks for your help,

Dave

DDolan New Birder

I tried to put a title up on the post and it got rid of the video. I then tried to restore and it left code on the blog. I really have the midas touch don't I?
    Thanks for your help,

Dave

DDolan New Birder