I had a movie, but the bird was too far away for it to be useful.
What I saw:
- Overall size of a chicken
- Slate gray body, long tail, wings had to be 8 inches extended (he was taking a bath for a while, so it was clear how large his wings were)
- Small gray head except for white stripe around eyes, squared off, not curved
- Small yellow beak, with some white splashes on neck
- Dull red breast, bordered at wing junction by a narrow stripe of white
- Looked like an obese robin, right down to the markings around the eyes
- The bird was all stomach!!
- Legs had to be 5-6 inches long
What is this mystery bird? It was four times the size of any robin I've ever seen.
Btw, the bird was in a tree and I was observing from the second floor inside my apartment.