Happy 2,007th birthday Baby Jesus...wouldn't wanna have to blow the candles out on that cake!Anyway the days got shorter, the goose got fat, xmas shopping continued to get more mayhemmier (eat yer heart out Colbert) and once again we all gathered together to celebrate whatever xmas means to each other. For me, xmas is all about the food...instead of having Turkey this year (mostly because we ate .... loads of it at thanksgiving) we had honey roasted ham, homemade potato salad, green bean casserole and roasted pasnips. It was bloody good. To follow we had pumpkin pie. I'm British and I don't care about your american traditions so I'll eat bloody pumpkin pie for xmas if I want to! Well we actually had our xmas dinner last night so we wouldn't have to cook all day today. Instead we spent the morning opening prezzies and then we went to Bald Point to watch birds and catch fish. We were rather more successful at watching birds than catching fish. Apparently our bait sucked or the fish just weren't hungry. The Buffleheads, Common Loons and Red-breasted Mergansers looked like they weren't having trouble though. A nice flock of 25 American White Pelicans flew over as did a distant invisible but calling flock of Sandhill Cranes. Northern Harrier, Piping Plover and American Oystercatcher were also observed. I got some ok-ish pictures.I hope everyone who celebrates xmas had a good one. Personally, I'm bloody glad it's all over.
Forster's Tern
Red-breasted Merganser
Ring-billed Gull
Ring-billed Gull