Thread: Hello to all!

UK, South Staffordshire

Default Hello to all!

Phil Jefferies here from South Staffordshire, UK.
    Have been a casual birder for many years, mostly in our garden in a village in South Staffs. Have just joined West Midland Bird Club and got access to our local reserve at Belvide, only a mile from where we live. Visited briefly yesterday evening and was impressed with the site and the number of birds and species seen in an hour.
    Have been collecting together some gear to attempt to start some amateur level digiscoping, so hoping to post some pictures some time in the future when I've found out how.

Algarve, Portugal

Hello Phil, and welcome to the Forum. The West Midlands Bird Club is a very well-run organisation; as a good friend of the previous Chairman (Jim Winsper) I became a sort of "honorary member" and receive all of their publications; their Annual Report is absolutely excellent. Their publication "The New Birds of the West Midlands" is superb and I am fortunate to have been given a copy (birthday present) signed by my best mate Roger Skan (big supporter, in every way, of the Club), Jim Winsper, and Graham & Janet Harrison - a treasured possession.

Look forward to seeing some of your digiscoped images posted in the gallery.

Best wishes,

Last edited by Colin Key; June 5th, 2008 at 08:31 PM.

Hi Phil,

Welcome to the forum. I think you will find it enjoyable here - I know that I do and have learnt a lot.
    I am also new into this and am fortunate to live on the South Coast and see a lot of migratory birds on their way through.

My blog

Hi Phil and welcome to the forum. I'm a terrible digiscoper (need a better scope) so don't be shy to post your efforts. Best, Bob