My name is Manuel Valenzuela. Let me start by apologizing in advance for shamelessly plugging my guest ranch. But I think any avid birder would be interested in what we believe to be a birding hotspot.

I am the owner and director of Rancho Los Banos, a 30,000 acre guest ranch in northeast Sonora, 60 miles from the Arizona (Douglas/Naco) border. I am posting here because of my invitation for you to join us down at the ranch for some excellent outdoor adventures, great unspoiled nature and breathtaking scenery, not to mention outstanding birding.

Our ranch is pristine, remote and isolated, with many elevation ranges (3,200 ft. to 7,400 ft). We are on the border where the Sonoran and Chihuahuan deserts meet. The ranch is comprised of stunning canyons, boxed and open, mountain ranges, riparian river bed habitats and a ruggedness not seen anywhere else. We are also bordered by two great birding locations, Lake Angostura and the Bavispe River(enveloped by an amazing canyon). We offer boat, canoe and kayak tours of both. With so many habitats so close together, the number of birds to spot and observe is great.

I invite you to explore our website, under our ecoadventure branch, Tierra Chamahua EcoAdventures, and to see everything we offer our guests. We feel this ranch, along with the river and lake, are poised to become a true outdoors mecca in the years to come. It is also a birding paradise.

Everything you need to know is on the website. Feel free to contact us as well. We want you to discover this hidden natural gem and to plunge yourself into our adventures. Again, apologies and thank you for your time. It's simply that we feel very strong and confident about our guest ranch. In the next few days we will be advertising with Surfbirds, under Arizona, Accommodations. Check us out.

Manuel Valenzuela