Thread: Painted Bunting

Beverly Hills, Citrus county, Florida

Default Painted Bunting

I created a backyard habitat for birds and other wildlife in my backyard. I set up food and water sources. The birds come and go from my feeding station. As would have it I have a backyard shed which I employ as a blind where. I set up my camera, lens on a heavy tripod, and photograph the birds as they come in to the feeding station. I have not been out there for quite some time so I decided today to visit my backyard to see what was coming. To my surprise, a Painted bunting came in to feed and drink as well a bath. We do not seem to get to many Painted Buntings in West Central Florida. This is the first time one has visited my backyard.

On the sailing vessel, Peregrine.

Hi Robert,
    Beautiful shots of a beautiful bird. I've never seen one. I hoped to when I was visting my husbands family in Arkansas, Mississippi and Tennessee but I wasn't lucky. There is a photo section here on SurfBirds. You should open an album for your photos.

Houston, Texas

Default one of my favorite birds

How fortunate you are to have them in your yard. I see them out in the wooded area where I camp near Paige Texas. One of my favorite birds. Your photos are incredible.

South Texas

What beautiful shots you were able to get.I am in South Texas and we get them in the Summer months! I live out in the country and it always a thrill when they visit my feeders! Superb photography!