Hello! I’ve joined to enrich my birding knowledge and pleasure. An introductory birding profile is below.
Lifetime birder. My primary and deepest experience is in Britain and Europe. I moved to the USA in 1994.
Favorite birding locations:
• Pine Creek - Bryant Rd., Allegheny County, PA (my home patch)
• Bolivar Peninsula, TX
• Presque Isle State Park, PA
• Lundy Island, England
• Slimbridge, Severn Estuary, England
Memorable birding experiences:
• Being part of the group which discovered the 1st Eastern Phoebe recorded in the Western Palearctic (April 1987, Lundy Island)
• Visiting the northern end of Cayuga Lake near Montezuma NWR, NY for a winter wildfowl spectacular and a Gyrfalcon (March 1992)
• A short, but oh so sweet visit to the Songimvelo Nature Reserve, South Africa (August 1992)
• Southern Spain - Coto Donàna (May 1993)
• Spend more time in field!
• Constantly build my birding knowledge
• East Africa (Kenya & Tanzania)
Birder’s Diary User