Today we made another boat trip to the Ortegal sea (Cariño, Galicia, Spain) on board Aula do Mar ship. Some sightings were these:
- Fea´s/Zino´s Petrel (probably Fea´s): two sightings of 1-2 birds.
- Madeiran Strom Petrel: one bird. Second sighting in a week...
- Wilson´s Petrel: at least 6 birds at the same time (more than 40 contacts). Very common bird...
- Long-Tailed skua: three birds.
- Sabine´s gull: at least 300 (three hundred) birds. Approximately 210 in a flock...
- Sooty Shearwater: at least 7 birds.
- Arctic skua: at least 7 birds (2 of them dark adults)
- Pomarine skua: bad day. Only 2 birds.
- Balearic Shearwater: very common.
- Common Tern: some hundreds.
- Arctic Tern: 4 birds (one of them adult).
- Black Tern: only 2 birds.
José Miguel Alonso Pumar.