Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stone Curlew

Whatever it is called ( to me its doesnt matter, ill easily concede ) he gets great results for sure. He has some amazing Black Shouldered Kite ( or should that be Black Winged Kite ) and Barn Owl images.

Come on Paul ( the ex-moustachiod one ), lets have your opinion.

By the way, i spelled Swarovski incorrectly, but thats ok, a well known West Country birding tour operator cannot spell Extremadura

Come on Paul ( the ex-moustachiod one ), lets have your opinion.

Within the "brotherhood of Digiscoping" DSLR Digiscoping is and has been classed as digiscoping, there are two modes of using DSLR, one with DSLR body, a 50mm prime lens attached to eyepiece and scope, ( very popular in the USA ) the other is using the manufacturer's photo adapter, DSLR, and T2 ring straight onto a scope body minus the eypiece. ( more popular in europe )

Sparky takes a great pic, spent a few days last October with him outside of Lisbon, great guy, great experience, spent too many hours talking digiscoping !

And dont forget Video scoping, Digibinning and Phonescoping, spliting hairs does not detract from the facts, done this hobby far too long to get worked up if it is or it isnt digiscoping

My tuppence worth for what its worth

Paul

user

Quote Originally Posted by paul hackett View Post

And dont forget Video scoping, Digibinning and Phonescoping, ............

Paul

I did a lot of Digibinning in the early years Paul, with the accent on "binning" .

Colin

Alcossebre, which is between Barcelona in the North and Valencia in the South.

Default Swarovski adaptor.

Steve
    Swarovski do an adaptor for Digi-scoping it´s called a UCA adaptor and fits both compact and DSLR cameras. Like the telescope it´s not cheap.
    In the end does it matter whether you use a compact or DSLR with your telescope if you get the results without carrying additional camera gear.
    The Birdman of Alcossebre.

Quote Originally Posted by the birdman of alcossebre View Post
    Steve
    Swarovski do an adaptor for Digi-scoping it´s called a UCA adaptor and fits both compact and DSLR cameras. Like the telescope it´s not cheap.
    In the end does it matter whether you use a compact or DSLR with your telescope if you get the results without carrying additional camera gear.
    The Birdman of Alcossebre.
    Sí, pero, el adaptador de UCA y DCA se ajusta en la parte superior del ocular, el adaptador de Zeiss reemplaza el ocular, creo que eso es lo que el argumento estaba a punto. La gente dice digiscoping cierto utiliza el ocular, y si el ocular se sustituye entonces no es cierto digiscoping. No importa a mí, como dice Paul, es el resultado que cuentan, no es lo que lo llaman.
    Felice fiestas.

Yes, but, the UCA and DCA adaptor fits on top of the eyepiece, the Zeiss adaptor replaces the eyepiece, i think thats what the argument was about. People say true digiscoping uses the eyepiece, and if the eyepiece is replaced then it is not true digiscoping. It does not matter to me, as Paul says, it is the results that count, not what you call it.

A remarkable image. Yet more proof that I have a long way to go with my own digiscoping efforts...

Cheers, Andrew

very nice photo
    Grzegorz Burkowski