Thread: 2011 list is off ...

Default 2011 list is off ...

I'm surprised no-one else has posted todays listings, ah well, here goes ...

I was a little late in leaving to head off for Draycote this morning and when I arrived it had started to rain, a light drizzle really but enough to soak you right through. That's three visits and three time its rained while I was there ... is it trying to tell me something do you think? It's a five mile route all around the site but only has one hide. Both times I've used it I have been alone there, doesn't seem to be popular really, but understandable considering there was nothing about near it today. Anyway, I was on scooter and by the time I got back to the car I was wet, cold and shivering very badly. A nice hot coup of tea from the mobile cafe beside the visitor centre (which is closed and seems it will remain so for the foreseeable future), soon sorted me out. However, I did get a total of 26 birds today ...

Mallard; Barnacle goose; Black-headed gull; Crow; Rook; Goosander; Tufted duck; Canada Goose; Coot; Greater Black-backed gull; Lesser black-backed gull; Great crested grebe; Woodpigeon; Great tit; Blue tit; Teal; Magpie; Chaffinch; Herring gull; Blackbird; Moorhen; Shoveler; Little grebe; Golden eye; Grey heron; Pied wagtail; Starlings;

On the 28th of last month there was a yellow-leged gull and a Caspian gull there in the gull roost. Hmmm ... I wonder which gull roost, I counted at least 6 of them. Anyway, if they were there I didn't see them or at least I couldn't I D them if I did see them.

Didnt get ot till 3pm today, down to the Gannell in Newquay.... jackdaw, wigeon, magpie, lap bunting, collered dove, starling, redshank, pheasant, brent goose, little egret, grey plover, curlew, dunlin, oystercatcher, kingfisher, blackcap, carrion crow, herring gull, cormorant, woodpigeon, song thrush, black headed gull, turnstone, great black backed gull, lesser black backed gull, pied wagtail and stock dove. Not a bad couple of hours, may get back to Porth res tommorow and pick up bittern, goosander tufted, teal, firecrest and hopefully jack snipe.