I was caught out in the rain with the scope tonight and on looking through it indoors I realised it had gotton damp. This isnít a huge problem as it has happened before. I removed the eyepiece and was going to place the scope in the airing cupboard to have a slow dry out when to my horror I saw there was some sort of fine looking mould growing in several places on the surface of the prism facing me.
Thing is what to do? Should I just clean it off with a cloth and will it grow back worse further in the body of the scope or on the next lens down the tube. Does this need to go back to Opticron to get properly cleaned out or can I do some thing about it myself?
Am I even worrying about nothing?
The photo doesnít show the delicate nature of this mould but gives an idea.
Any advice or opinions please!