Found this bird in Estonia 2 weeks ago. Both Stonechats are rarities here. There's been confusion about the id of subspecies.
- underwings ok for maurus
- overall paleness ok for maurus
- rump (although visible poorly here) is quite clean, without stripes, ok for maurus
- small eyestripe ok for maurus
- underparts quite pale, ok for maurus
- bit dirty throat, better for rubicola/hibernans
...still not quite sure yet. British birders have more experience with western Stonechats. Can they look like this in May?